UCOL's Senior Leadership Team is led by Leeza Boyce.
Leeza Boyce was appointed Chief Executive and President of UCOL in 2015. She has held progressive appointments in the Australian and New Zealand tertiary education sectors since 1995. As UCOL's second Chief Executive she has led the Institute towards its vision of becoming one of New Zealand's leading regional polytechnics offering an exceptional educational experience, centred on high quality practical instruction and relevant curriculum. UCOL plays an essential role in strengthening the New Zealand economy through applied learning and research in conjunction with its industry partners.
Before joining UCOL Leeza led the merger of Sunshine Coast Institute of TAFE and Wide Bay Institute of TAFE as part of the Queensland Government's reform agenda to create a more competitive, responsive, innovative and flexible training provider.
Leeza's education includes a Masters of Education (Learning Innovation) from Queensland University of Technology, a Graduate Diploma in Further Education and Training (Adult Learning) from the University of Southern Queensland, and a Bachelor of Business from the University of Queensland.
Other members of the UCOL Senior Leadership Team include:
- Arthur Chin - Executive Director, Business Development
- Christine Beech - Director Communications
- Brian Trott - Chief Financial Officer
- Gianetta Lapsley - Executive Director, Quality
- Jerry Shearman - Executive Director, Education & Applied Research
- Nicky Van der Bergh - Executive Director, Student Success
- Teina Mataira - Director Māori