The Diploma in Agribusiness Management (Level 5) comprises 150 credits. This leads to the New Zealand Diploma in Agribusiness Management, Level 5, 150 credits.
Your personalised timetable will be available just prior to classes starting, and will comprise a weekly commitment of:
- 8 hours of lecturer supported learning online
- A two hour on-campus tutorial
- 23 hours of self-directed learning (your own time spent on research and study to complete your written assignments)
There are no work experience hours for this programme.
It would be an advantage for you to have access to financial and production performance information about a specific agribusiness as this is required for the courses within the programme.
The following papers are part of your course. It is recommended that you study these first in order to gain a good background:
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
This qualification may build on the skills and knowledge from a range of qualifications in the agribusinss sector, including
UCOL's New Zealand Certificate in Apiculture.
Recognition of prior learning
Applications for Recognition of Prior Learning, including Cross Credit, Credit Transfer and Assessment of Prior Learning may be made on the
Recognition of Prior Learning Form where a student believes all learning outcomes for a course have already been met.
It will make the process easier if you prepare the following before you
- National Student Number (NSN) (If you don't have a NSN, you may
request one from NZQA, or you can supply a verified copy of your birth certificate, passport or Whakapapa statement.)
- Evidence of your highest level of academic achievement (and evidence of prior learning, if applicable)
- Evidence that you meet the entry requirements of the programme
- Check if you're eligible for additional support or a
scholarship. If you're 19 years or younger, you may be eligible to enrol in one of
our free Youth Transition programmes.
Note that you will need to provide any verified documents in person, via post or email.