It's all about putting U into UCOL.
We want to make sure your first week at UCOL is a great experience. Join us for official welcomes, academic and career sessions, food and fun. Attending Orientation Week (O-Week) will help you meet other students in your class, find your way around campus and prepare you for study.
Dates: February & July
O-week February 2019
O-week was great fun this year. Check out UCOL's social channels for photographs and videos of the events across our four campuses.
Study success workshops
Classes are now underway. All students are encouraged to sign up for academic workshops on:
- Adapting to Academic Writing in New Zealand
- Adjusting to UCOL
- Anxiety: Identification and Action
- APA Referencing
- Critical Thinking for Study
- Editing and Proofreading Strategies
- Effective Use of Databases
- Essay Writing Process
- How to Get Back When you Fall Behind
- Introduction to Moodle
- Paragraph Structure and Sentence Starters
- Time Management
- Using the Library to your Advantage
If you are a local business that would like to get involved,